Looking back at my last post, I realize I didn't say anything about that little heart shaped pebble. I don't know where it came from but I included it because my daughter gave it to me recently! Over the last few days I've been working on more Moleskine notebooks. I had ordered some more small ones because I think they might sell well at the Quilt Show in September. They are approximately 3inches by 5inches and have squared pages, just the right size for tucking in a handbag. I have one in my bag and it is full of random things, paint color swatches, phone numbers, notes I've made when I've been out shopping, that sort of thing. I sometimes doodle ideas in it when I'm waiting to pick up my daughter from school. I enjoy embroidering on the tags and then making them pretty. I use a sharp paper piercing tool from Tim Holtz to pierce holes in the card after pencilling in the word in cursive. It makes it easier to sew. I found the tool pretty quickly after finding that I couldn't pierce the card successfully with a needle without injuring myself! I like to use a variegated thread for embroidering the words, it helps to pull together the different papers I choose.
I gently edge the papers with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I love this ink, it comes in so many great colors and goes on beautifully. I use a special foam applicator that gives a nice soft finish. The ink helps to accentuate the layers of paper. I do this when I'm scrapbooking too.
I've also been working on some bunting for my booth in September. I want to hang some behind my table and also on the front of my table. I have made two strands so far and have one more to go. It was much easier than I expected and I used THIS simple tutorial that I found online. I made the strings (white bias binding) extra long so I would have plenty of wiggle room in terms of the length of the banner since I don't know the exact dimensions of my table yet. It was a fun project. I really enjoyed picking out fabrics and it was so easy to do so with my fabrics all organized by color in my new cabinet, see This post from May.